Monday 30 January 2012

M3 Ch7 Drawing the Landscape

I approached this chapter with trepidation, as with any drawing activity, but wasn't too displeased with the results.
3.7.1  I downloaded several drawings of Van Gogh. Initially I was going to draw the sower as drawing figures is my least favourite drawing subject but decided it really wasn't clear enough to copy satisfactorily.

Although I understand the difference between pencils I still didn't seem to quite know which to use when as both of the softest pencils gave me the lines I wanted depending on the pressure used. 

3.7.2 I printed 2 photos of Newfoundland but decided the way the computer printed the fence had a Van Gogh look about it already and easily showed the 3 elements.   
I think my finished painting looks like a first effort and better from a distance, up close some of the thicker blobs of paint are too thick.  I think the group of buildings and jetty worked best.

No comments:

Post a Comment