Sunday 20 January 2013

M5 Ch5 Colourful Faces

A.5.5.1. Adding Colour.  For this exercise I used water colour first and then pastels.  I think the water colour worked better, I look as if I have a beard in the pastel one.  Not sure how to lighten the neck without making it worse, it was, of course, in shadow.


 Extra Activity.  I already had Picassa on my computer but hadn't used it to change colour, I mostly use it to straighten horizons.  I used it on both pictures and had great fun.  Some look quite spooky, eg no. 3 pink with yellow eyes.  Photo 4 looks as if I've used a scrapper board.  Photo 7 is my favourite (apart from the neck)











 A.5.5.2. Adding Stitch.  I used this activity to kill 2 birds with one stone.  I had got very behind with my journal quilts with contemporary quilters so decided if I stitched me in blue that would fulfil all criteria.  I like the dark blue stitch best, think my eyes look a bit scary when done in pale blue.  I added a bit of Markel highlight with the pale stitch too and can't quite decide if I think it improves it and whether to add some to the dark stitch too.



A5.5.1. Adding colour

No comments:

Post a Comment