Wednesday 30 November 2011

M2 Ch 10 Stab stitch book part 2

It was fun making the butterfly and rainbow book but think this one is my favourite.  I like the messiness of it all.  It has a very different mood and therefore colour palete.  I did plan to make each page the same size as the front page photo but somehow it just didn't work that way when started making them.  Some pages are fairly plain but I felt each pair of pages complemented each other.  This time the haiku is on the front cover.  This photo is one I took years ago but seemed just right for this book even though it was taken in the middle of the day with lots of people about, I just struck lucky.


The black page was made by rubbing over PVA writing.  I've found some little bottles since the PVA chapter but think I was just as happy writing straight out of the bottle.


The left hand page started of as writing using ink and dropper but it just soaked into the paper leaving a big black blob.  The writing was then done with a pastel and rubbed.


I had another go at Jasper John letters with much more limited colour.  I wasn't sure at first but the white addition when the rest was dry made a difference.


The background for the left hand side was supposed to be wax resist but the paint didn't resist so I added extra wax when it had dried.  It's amazing how some things just don't work as expected.  I really like the woven page but I always enjoy weaving.


I found the collage button on Picassa so had to give it a go.  The background is a bit big, think I'll add some silver border lines.  I love the atmospheric photo on the other page, shame it isn't one of mine!


This time I used clean paper for writing with ink and dropper and added crayon later.  How useful newspaper print is for black and white pages!  Again it took a lot of searching to find the right letters, some letters are easier than others. 


This thin strips on this woven page are silver but don't show up on the blog.  The wax resist worked this time though.  (The back page isn't worth showing, it's more PVA and wax resist on thin white paper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment