Monday 14 November 2011

M2 Ch 9 Letters and Pattern

2.9.1. Draw patterns that Klimt used in his work.  I used pens for this exercise which maybe cheating a bit but gave neat lines. It's a very relaxing activity.



The page above was drawn using a gold pen, the one below with a pencil.


2.9.2. Make an illuminated letter in the style of Klimt. Poppy and I did the first 2 pages together using 'Granny's special pens.'  It's a shame the colours didn't scan more vibrantly.


The R was painted first with water colour (it is a brighter orange), I wish I had painted the white too, just to give some texture, then I used felt tips.


The background was acrylic painted then patterns drawn with black felt tip.  The R was collaged with papers found in magazines.  I'm not sure the colours are right but I actually quite like the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment