Friday 1 March 2013

M5 Ch8 Crowds

M5 Ch7 A3 I tried more negative figures using different sized templates.  Not sure the contrast in colour is strong enough but there are some interesting shapes.  From a distance the lines almost looked like writing and that gave me another idea but for another day.
A5.8.1 l.S.Lowry.  I found this quite a hard exercise but afterwards realised I needn't have painted the outlines first which is what I found tricky, trying to make the lines thin enough.
 

A5.8.2.  Keith Haring.  I enjoyed drawing these little men and playing with the templates.

I mostly used dye-based paints and loved the way the black outline made them stand out and got rid of all the little wobbles in the painting.  I like the way, too, that the figures can be used to tell a story



Painting the negative shapes was surprisingly difficult.  It would have been easier to paint the background first and then added cut shapes on top.  This might not have made such interesting shapes though.
 I did use cut out figures to stick on the black paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment