Wednesday 12 October 2011

M2 Ch7 Jasper Johns

2.7.1 Finding out about Jasper Johns.  I found the more you looked at Jasper Johns work the more depth and colour was there. Below are a few thoughts.


2.7.2  I decided to use the last letters of the Greek alphabet for this exercise.  This was partly because I wanted to see if by using unfamiliar letters they were still clear despite the 'splodgy' paint and they are. The omega is less clear on the left hand side but that's the colours I used.  I did find I was using more and more paint and adding more streaks which gave pleasing effects.  Also with the white, I realised the white does in fact reflect the underneath colour and too white a white didn't look right.  It was a bit of a challenge for me using such bright colours but I did enjoy the exercise.




No comments:

Post a Comment