Wednesday 5 October 2011

M2 Ch 6 Printing

2.6.1 Making letter printing blocks

I started this chapter with my granddaughter who loves having a go at things I'm doing on my course. We made an m and p together and used some wooden blocks to print as well.  She couldn't understand why I printed some of letters the wrong way round.
Later I made more letters on my own, a fairly random collection.


2.6.2 Using letter printing blocks

I started just playing with the letters I'd made, wooden ones and stamp pads.  Hence the rather Christmassy colours!  I liked the negative letters but somehow wasn't inspired to use them later.  Somehow the next 2 pages are upside down but guess that doesn't matter.







This page was done experimenting with 'stuff' I found while in the US, (a huge quilt shop)  It was supposed to take out the old dye and replace with the new colour.  This had an ink background and it's still there but I really like the way it shows through the new colour.


From now on I used acrylic paint to print.This is just a random page in my sketchbook, one minute I quite like it, then I think it's a mess, obviously needs further work.


Contrasting pages


I've been waiting to use these pages for a while and am really pleased with the way it has turned out but I always like weaving.


Must have had a doilley moment, there are two of them I realised afterwards, very similiar.


I added paint and letters to my money page but looking at the photo still need to add something else, possibly some dark paint over the existing paint would give it more depth.


Added these photos before I downloaded them all and now I can't add any more, will try publishing this and then doing another.

No comments:

Post a Comment