Tuesday 31 July 2012

M4 Ch8 Developing your drawings

4.8.1.  My toadstool motif didn't need simplifying to make a template.  I like the way the watercolours shine through the overlapped toadstools.


The foxglove picture would have been better if I'd done the background first so the pink and green ran together better.  They do this in the bottom left but where I tried to rectify it at the top middle it just spoiled.  I do like watercolours though.


I did do the background first this time and it worked better.  It was tricky using the paper stencil as it kept sticking especially round the smaller flowers.  I like using card stencils more especially more complicated shapes like this although I am pleased with the final results.


The toadstool paper stencil was easier to use being a simpler shape.  I made the toadstool pattern random as I felt I should try it but for my book I (at the moment) can only imagine putting the images the right way up.


This is rather copying Viv's idea but it was a good one so I had to do it!


I had not used gesso before so wanted to see how different paints reacted.  No different to paper but what a smell!


No comments:

Post a Comment