Tuesday 24 July 2012

M4 Ch6 Raising the Surface

A4.6.1 I didn't have anything special to make holes with, except a 1 hole punch but enjoyed seeing what I could find.  I hoped the carving fork would make more obvious rectangle holes but guess the prongs weren't fat enough.



Like Viv, I like the reverse as well.


Here I was experimenting with V shapes. The one on the top right got a bit confusing, the others are more straightforward.


The reverse side


Here I experimented with a square/rectangle grid...


...and the reverse.  I like the way the same pattern looks so different as different shadows are made.


I tried half cutting a couple of fairies with some success


and foxgloves which didn't really work at all.


Then I moved onto a lichen shape.  It took ages to cut out the shapes but it was worth it.  I was pleased with the way they almost fitted together although I didn't realise until I started playing with the pieces.  

More lichen.  Different effects were achieved leaving the pencil lines and using a brown background and being all white as in the page from the back.



The mushroom shape worked well too, although here I definitely like the brown backing better.




I then tried to get a reed effect by weaving. The first page is the reeds and then I tried paper string and raffia to make the ripples.  Lots of lovely ideas and starting points to put in my book but that is still very much only in my head at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment