Tuesday 29 March 2011

M1 Ch7 Simple Printing

A7.Fruit prints. 1 I love the star pattern inside an apple, it always amazes me how perfect it is.  No striking results but I just fiddled.

I like the colour combination on the left.  The right on the paper towel was just to see how many prints  could get from one application and watching the print get paler.


Thought I'd try a lemon.  Left it in the sun for a couple of days, then to add the green I scraped the flesh out leaving the pith.  A bit fiddly but I like the delicate results.  Felt the slice in between unnecessary.  Lemon only held out for one page.

A7.2 Potato prints. Should have been more generous with the paint.  I like the way the colour fades but 2 not 3 prints would have been better.

Disappointed by the gold but feel the red makes up for it.

Trying fabric paints.

Different papers - tissue, brown bag, polystyrene (needed paper underneath to show the pale colours)


A7.3 Card prints. 
Wish the yellow and green had blended more.


I love the hessian print, although the cotton and satin look better in real life!

Think the orange on newspaper worked but the others just merge too much.  The ones on fabric which overlap are better where I left one colour to dry, then printed in a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment