Wednesday 31 July 2013

M6. Ch6. Print Making with Foam Sheets

I enjoyed this chapter more than the last, can't give a reason why, maybe because I just got on with it.  I have used fun foam before to make print blocks as method 2 but not method 1(although I have done that with polystyrene) so I was interested to see how it worked.  I liked the results although I did keep cleaning the grooves, maybe I was too enthusiastic with the paint.


First I experimented with different fabric and acrylic paints.  I didn't like the acrylic at all but found different fabric paints worked differently with different backgrounds.  My photos really don't show the backgrounds very well at all, most are much darker.  It was a dull day so probably not enough light indoors but flash just makes reflections.  I have just started a photography course so hope to get a better understanding of cameras soon.

 Years ago I bought a printing block where you make an imprint into the foam and when you've finished it goes flat again.  (Any ideas how you do that, I don't have the instructions any more!)  I've hardly used it.

 The transparent setacolour on tissue only really showed up when I stuck it on the window so
 I changed to opaque.
 I like this one, lots of colour, although the pink stripe through the middle is a bit too dark.  The background is strips of tissue.
 I found a brown (yes, really brown) bottle bag which I cut to make a long strip to print which was fun to do, then waved it to take a photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment